Sunday, July 8, 2007

First Canoe Trip

Darby and I went out in the canoe this past Friday for the first time. It was awesome. We spent the night before at the store picking out her life jacket, paddle, and hat. I am feeling much better now and was able to treasure every second of this adventure. I can't wait until Sutton is older then we will have Marta, Darby, and Sutton in the boat!



Darby could not understand why the fish would not bite. I kept telling her the fish could hear her talking THE WHOLE TIME. She just looked at me and said, "dad I can't hear them...so they can't hear me." She is beyond funny. Needless to say we did not catch anything. It's very hard when you cast the line and your daughter yell's, "here fish...take this hook!" at the top of her lungs over and over. She is outstanding.

She did work up a sweat helping to paddle the boat.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I love love that second picture of Darbs. I laughed the whole time reading about her fishing, i miss her tons! Tell my sister that I would love to know that she is still alive by way of her choosing to answer her phone! Miss you guys tons, glad your feeling better! Love love, rachie

JG said...

I love that story!

Robby and Lynsey said...

This looks like too much fun! Sounds like you guys had a blast. SHe is too funny. :) I LOVE her outfit.

Glad you are feeling better! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Does this mean that I can put your link on my page now? I forget that you have a blog when you aren't there for me to see everyday. :(

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pix. So glad you are feeling better. I know that was fun. I have some great memories of canoeing with Jerrod and Carly... not in as picturesqe surroundings though. You can tell Darby the whole thing about fish biting is a myth. I personally have no conclusive evidence that fish can actually be caught using a hook. I believe it is all a hoax.